Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default What is "Lamb neck"?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> It happened again. Left a customer's site with "food".
> (Love my customers.)
>
> This time, he had a freezer full of six month old, locally
> grass fed, lamb. Now the package labeled "chops" I can
> figure out. But the one labels "1/2 lamb neck": never
> heard of.
>
> What is a "1/2 lamb neck"? And, how do you cook it?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Usually used in stews. I really like lamb neck, and from the net:

Preparation
Cooking the meat on the bone will add more flavour to the dish and is the
most economical way of using this cut. Use it as a substitute for oxtail or
any other stewing meat, or cook it in the traditional dishes of Irish stew
and Lancashire hot pot.