Posted to alt.food.wine

Default "Fake French wine rampant in China" (recent article)

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 06:10:03 -0700, DaleW wrote:

> On Monday, June 10, 2013 3:46:33 AM UTC-4, greg lee wrote:
>> http://www.irishexaminer.com/busines...ne-rampant-in-

china-233668.html

> Brilliant!
> "white, with a label proclaiming it is from the vineyards of Romanée-
> Conti, the bottle bearing the logo that is on bottles of Château
> Lafite-Rothschild, and declares its origin as Montpellier, France. "

I read this article today in the IHT, so I have to wonder about the Irish
Examiner copyright. Seems to be Reuters:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/10/bu...nas-boom-fake-
wines-proliferate.html?_r=0

Got a good laugh though: Mouton and Sons; Edouard Mouton...

Probably not very funny for the wineries loosing business, although its
hard to be very sympathetic given today's prices for 1st growths!