Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] djs0302@aol.com is offline

Default Popsicle ideas wanted

On Jun 2, 8:33*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> Do you make popsicles? *Would you share your ideas? *Mine often turn
> out to be too hard and icy. *What am I doing wrong. *Thanks
> Janet US

They probably have too much water in them. If it's plain fruit juice,
add more sugar. If it's something like Kool-aid, make it double or
even triple strength. Another thing to try is pureed fruit. That way
you get the pulp along with juice and that will help to keep the
popsicles from freezing solid. I remember this one kid's mother used
to put gelatin in her popsicles, but it gave them a funny texture.