Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default REC: Cool summer salad

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ed-salad-.html

>or
>http://tinyurl.com/kz2j5ze
>

>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
>Israeli Chopped Salad
>
>salads/salad dressings
>
>1/4 cup cilantro; minced
>1/4 cup mint; minced
>1/4 cup parsley; minced
>2 teaspoons sumac
>1 teaspoon Cinnamon
>1/2 cup olive oil
>6 scallions; thinly sliced
>4 cloves garlic; finely minced
>4 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded; minced
>3 medium cucumbers; seeded, minced
>2 serrano chili, stemmed, seeded; minced
>1 red bell pepper. stemmed, seeded; minced
>1 large white onion,; minced
>3 lemons, juiced and zested
> salt
> freshly ground black pepper; to taste
>
>Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Let sit 20 minutes before serving.
>
>Notes: Janna Gur The Book of New Israeli Food
>

>** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.87 **
>
>koko

I'll try this, it does sound good. I'm going to have to cut the mint
back to almost nothing because I just don't care for mint greens.
Otherwise, it is an intriguing combination of flavors for raw veggies.
Thanks for the recipe.
Janet US