Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Revenge of the Shopping Cart

On 5/24/2013 8:37 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 24/05/2013 5:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> What is so terribly difficult about this concept? As I said in the
>> Aldi's thread, I'm grateful I have two good legs. It doesn't bother me
>> to walk to take the cart back. You will also never catch me parking in
>> a handicapped spot. I also don't drive around in circles looking for
>> someone to leave just so I can get the closest parking space.
>>

> I rarely even take the cart out to the parking lot. I use re-usable bags
> and rarely have more than four bags of groceries, so I just take the
> bags out of the cart before I leave the store.

You're lucky you can get away with only four bags. I live 20 miles away
from the grocery store so I do a big shopping trip about once a month.
Much of it is destined for the freezer. Four bags for me wouldn't cut
it. But no, I don't leave the grocery cart out where it will likely, by
some twist of fate, decide to ding a car.

Jill