Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default ¡Poblano!

Hi All,

I has at the local Mexican Supermarket yesterday for my
weekly fix on Opuntia (Prickly Pear). I picked up a
Poblano (Ancho) pepper for experimentation. (I am
thinking of growing them this year.)

While in the check out line, the sweetest lady, who
had extreme trouble with English (didn't stop her, as I
said, "sweet"), told me how to prepare Poblanos.

As far as I could tell, she told me to roll them
through my burners flame. (My stove is electric.)

What did she mean? Is there something wrong with
the skins? Do they need to be burned off?

Is there some special way to prepare Poblanos?

Oh, and she told me to put them in my scrambled
eggs. Said they were delicious that way.

Many thanks,
-T