Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Coolest salt shaker ever

On 5/23/2013 11:01 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:38:30 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> notbob wrote:
>>>
>>> I jes ordered my Bug-A-Salt gun:
>>>
>>> http://bugasalt.com/
>>>
>>> I douched 2 wasps yesterday with Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer ...inside
>>> my house! I fear wasps even more than spiders, probably cuz I was
>>> almost stung to death by a nest of 'em when I was 4 yrs old. Anyway,
>>> CO is positively lousy with the damn things and I'm tired of hosing
>>> down my interior windows with poisinous insecticides. Soooo... I got
>>> me a Bug-A-Salt gun.
>>>

> <snip>
>>
>> LMAO! I looked at that website. The gun looks very cool! hahaha
>>

> His aim had better be good because if he only grazes that wasp, it's
> going to be mad as hell and come after him. A better way of dealing
> with them is to find the nest and eliminate it. If they're on the
> interior of the house it's nearby or maybe even inside the walls of
> his home.

Wasps and hornets are scary crazy stinging insects. I do not have the
least bit of hesitation using chemicals to keep them away from the
house. Ditto yellow-jackets.

I went out to get the mail the other day and a mud wasp had started
building a nest on the front door. I didn't use chemicals but I knocked
it off then hosed the area down. Fortunately I'm not allergic. But
getting stung by wasps/hornets and yellow-jackets is painful and I don't
want them building homes under the eaves or around the doorway.

Hukk