Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Kitchen Nightmares Finale 2013

On Sat, 11 May 2013 09:11:02 -0700, gtr > wrote:

> Okay, it's a guilty pleasure. And I never see the topic come up here,
> so that says good things about rfc.
>
> Last night the season finale took place at Amy's Baking Company in
> Scottsdal and it was the most astounding thing I've ever seen on one of
> this "restaurant saving" programs. Ramsey actually gave up and left. He
> says it's the first time he has given up in 200 such ventures.
>
> It is absolutely fascinating to see if you get the chance.
>
> One seminal element of the show is Amy & Husband's feuding with Yelpers
> about their reviews. So I wen to Yelp and ran it down. The first
> couple of hundred seem to relate more to the Ramsey show. But the
> first few hundred (from a few years ago), are fascinating.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/d8vsc4v
>
> Apparently if you gave a bad review to what appears to be an INSANELY
> bad restaurant, the paranoid nuts that run the place
> responded--repeatedly--to your review, calling you a liar, demanding to
> see the receipt to prove you were actually there. All kinds of funny
> stuff.
>
> I must say that after seeing the show and going to bed last night I
> felt kind of disturbed by the thing. And when I woke up I was having a
> dream about the place, also rather disturbing. You wouldn't think
> restaurant reviews and restaurateurs would be that scary.
>
> They are!

Kitchen Nightmares is not appointment television for me, so you know
it was a bad TV night if I found it.

What a kooky couple! He must be rich because normal people would be
long out of business with their poor attitude and service. It also
seems like the negative back & forth on Yelp has gone on long enough
that Yelpers would be prepared with "evidence" if their true purpose
was to inform instead of inflame.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila