Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Kitchen Nightmares Finale 2013

On 2013-05-11 17:15:03 +0000, ImStillMags said:

> On May 11, 9:11*am, gtr > wrote:
>
> I never fault anyone for their guilty pleasures.
>
> I've never watched Kitchen Nightmares for the same reason I don't
> watch Hell's Kitchen......I don't do well with all the angst and anger
> and fear, and the stuff that goes on with restauarnt owners makes my
> skin crawl. I don't understand how people can need that much help,
> seek it, agree for the show t come in knowing it will upset their
> apple cart and then have a hissy fit about the changes.

It is surprising that folks can be so deluded. They "need help", they
ask for it, someone arrives and looks in the walk-in and says:
"Everything here is rotting!" The owners didn't consider that while
trying to understand their businesses problems? It's really nutt. But
entertaining for a while.

It HAS become a bit formulaic though. It didn't use to be so in the
original BBC show. There seemed to be a broader diversity of problems
and solutions. Not so much in recent years.

> Plus Ramsey is pretty obnoxious ....on purpose for the camera.....and
> I find him off putting.
>
> Some find it entertaining....I find it disturbing. So I don't watch.

Commendable. We watched Hell's Kitchen for a season or two but frankly
it is disturbing in that they fetch incompetents and then winnow them
don't to the least incompetent of the lot for a prestigious job
somewhere they couldn't possibly hold for long. Like all reality shows
its about watching "real people" which has its fascinations, in very
"unreal circumstances", which is problematic.