Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Kitchen Nightmares Finale 2013

Okay, it's a guilty pleasure. And I never see the topic come up here,
so that says good things about rfc.

Last night the season finale took place at Amy's Baking Company in
Scottsdal and it was the most astounding thing I've ever seen on one of
this "restaurant saving" programs. Ramsey actually gave up and left. He
says it's the first time he has given up in 200 such ventures.

It is absolutely fascinating to see if you get the chance.

One seminal element of the show is Amy & Husband's feuding with Yelpers
about their reviews. So I wen to Yelp and ran it down. The first
couple of hundred seem to relate more to the Ramsey show. But the
first few hundred (from a few years ago), are fascinating.

http://tinyurl.com/d8vsc4v

Apparently if you gave a bad review to what appears to be an INSANELY
bad restaurant, the paranoid nuts that run the place
responded--repeatedly--to your review, calling you a liar, demanding to
see the receipt to prove you were actually there. All kinds of funny
stuff.

I must say that after seeing the show and going to bed last night I
felt kind of disturbed by the thing. And when I woke up I was having a
dream about the place, also rather disturbing. You wouldn't think
restaurant reviews and restaurateurs would be that scary.

They are!