Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Food sources of L-Carnitine and Folate

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 05/10/2013 02:28 PM, Billy wrote:
> > In >, >
> > wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, I've been distracted.
> > There are no randomized blinded studies with L carnitine in terms of
> > prevention of heart attack or sudden death.
> > <http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Carnitine-HealthProfessional/>

> Everything but ...
>
> It does sound like a good study to do.
>
> I know autopsy studies on trauma deaths show no correlation
> with serum cholesterol.
>
> Some stuff on the heart in the below links. Did not read over
> any of them to see how well they came out.
>
> Anecdotally speaking, I fee better when I eat beef and/or lamb
> (red meat is the best source). And all those weird studies
> on meat causing heart problems is on *processed meat*. If
> you read the fine print, health is better for folks that
> eat the real/natural meat than the general population.
>
> And, Life Extension has some studies that show good effect
> for carnitine with Diabetes. (I posted that before. Let me
> know if you want it again and can't find it.)
>
> Hope this is what you are looking for. Some on the heart and
> circulation.
>
> -T

Thanks, I'm always looking for the fountain of youth, but this doesn't
appear to be it.

"Carnitine is often promoted as an aid for weight loss, to improve
exercise performance, and to enhance a sense of well-being [2]. It is
also a drug approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat
primary and certain secondary carnitine-deficiency syndromes."
- Ibid

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>