Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sugar Free Chocolate from Cocoa Powder

"Steve Freides" > wrote in message

>>> exactly.
>>>
>>> I was mistaken about the program being Dr. Fuhrman, it was Dr.
>>> Hyman. It's funny how now we have all these TV doctors, and they're
>>> all pretty much sayign the same thing; eat real food, not processed
>>> crap. move more. stay away from sugar and HFCS. Maximize greens
>>> and cruciferous veggies. (of course, they then pitch their own
>>> products while they're at it, but still...)

>> Except that if you have a thyroid problem, and that is ever
>> increasing in the general population, crucifers should be limited.

> And, Julie, one - not you, "one" - should ask why you have a thyroid
> problem in the first place. You should also ask, if thyroid problems
> are on the rise and so is obesity, is there a connection between the
> two.
>
> -S-

I have asked and they do not know. Although I am no longer on meds for my
thyroid, I do have a goiter. Both of my parents have thyroid problems. My
husband has one. His dad had a severe one as did his dad's mom. And now my
daughter has one. I am the one who suspected that she did and I took her to
my Endocrinologist. It is a good thing that I did. He said that we caught
that and her pre-diabetes early. I could see the signs. Sadly, her other
Drs. did not and I couldn't even get them to test her for these things. The
Drs. at Children's did take note though and said that there was a problem
and she needed a follow-up. Only then did her other Drs. take note but they
did not give her the proper treatment.