Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Sugar Free Chocolate from Cocoa Powder

Julie Bove wrote:

>>> No, that's not true. There are plenty of reasons, all well
>>> documented. One can speculate on which reason is the chicken and
>>> which is the egg, but that doesn't mean there aren't already proven
>>> behavioral strategies to solve the problem. They're all basically
>>> eat less, eat better, and move more. We eat more, we eat poorer
>>> quality food, and we move less than we used to.

>> exactly.
>>
>> I was mistaken about the program being Dr. Fuhrman, it was Dr.
>> Hyman. It's funny how now we have all these TV doctors, and they're
>> all pretty much sayign the same thing; eat real food, not processed
>> crap. move more. stay away from sugar and HFCS. Maximize greens
>> and cruciferous veggies. (of course, they then pitch their own
>> products while they're at it, but still...)

> Except that if you have a thyroid problem, and that is ever
> increasing in the general population, crucifers should be limited.

And, Julie, one - not you, "one" - should ask why you have a thyroid
problem in the first place. You should also ask, if thyroid problems
are on the rise and so is obesity, is there a connection between the
two.

-S-