PENMART01

Default IN PRAISE OF THE ELECTRIC STOVE

>I'd like a front loader, but I don't know if I'm willing to spend
>the extra bucks.
>
>nancy

I remember front loaders from long ago (my grandmotehr had two, and a mangle,
she sold the kosher deli in Brooklyn and retired to run a tourist home in the
borscht belt, now they call them B & Bs - hoo-ha) once you shut the door and
began the cycle that was it, you couldn't open it again to toss in those
stinkin' towels you forgot about in the upstairs terlit... I'm forever tossing
something in while the machine is still in the wash cycle. I still remember
all those times long ago when I washed clothes at the laundromat and the door
on one of the Bendix front loaders would pop open mid cycle, seemingly for no
reason at all... what a friggin' mess... but at least at the laundromat the
flood was squeegied down the floor drain... I don't want to think about that
with my brand new cherry floor. Unless technology has changed drasticly I
don't want a front loader. I especially wouldn't pay more for one, I think
they actually cost less to manufacture than a top loader... in fact now that I
recall the Sears Roebuck displays from the 50s the automatic top loaders cost
more than front loaders, and every house wife wanted an automatic top loader
(the previous top loaders were manual, even had wringers). Today's front
loaders cost so much more... like they were just invented... what rip off.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon