Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] djs0302@aol.com is offline

Default Sugar Free Chocolate from Cocoa Powder

On May 5, 9:13*pm, "W" > wrote:
> I would like to make my own sugar free chocolate from cocoa powder. *I don't
> want any milk due to lactose intolerance. *I don't want any flour, and I
> definitely don't want any sugar. * I will use Stevia and Erythritol (a sugar
> alcohol that metabolizes in a way that is almost zero calories) as the
> sweeteners. * *Are there any good recipes out there for this?
>
> I have found some decent chocolates online that match the above general list
> of ingredients, but they are extremely expensive. * I'm looking to lower
> cost and also learn about chocolate making.

Cocoa is simply unsweetened chocolate with the cocoa butter taken
out. So you basically have to put the cocoa butter back in and add
sweetener. That seems like a lot of trouble to me. I think your best
bet would be to look for recipes for chocolate truffles using the
criteria you've listed.