Nancy Young

Default IN PRAISE OF THE ELECTRIC STOVE

zxcvbob wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> > Oddly, my house, when I bought it, was all set up for gas. Gas stove,
> > gas furnace, water heater. The only thing that was electric was the
> > dryer. Who the heck would go out of their way to wire a 220 line
> > for an electric dryer? Got me.

> IMHO it's easier to run a 240V dryer circuit than a gas line.

Oh, it hardly cost a cent, the drier was only a few feet from the
gas furnace.

My old electric dryer worked fine except for one thing. It didn't
have a shut off feature. I'm not saying that has anything to do with
gas or electric, but when I chose to get a new one, I went with gas.

> The clothes dryer sure works a lot better since we bought a front-
> hard; the clothes come out of the washer damp instead of wet.

I'd like a front loader, but I don't know if I'm willing to spend
the extra bucks.

> The dryer
> was 10 years old when we bought it 12 years ago, and it should last
> another 20 if the timer doesn't go out.

Yeah, the dryer worked okay when I got rid of it, I was just tired of
timing when to do laundry.

> Bob <-- doesn't care if the washer and dryer don't match, they're both
> white.

I couldn't care less if they match, color or not.

nancy (annoyed that when I arrange the utility room, *someone* makes
a friggin mess out of it.)