Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default How often do you eat in a restaurant?

On Sun, 05 May 2013 09:59:42 -0500, George Leppla
> wrote:

>I love to eat out but doing that as often as I would like would be too
>expensive so we have been trying to limit ourselves to twice a week.
>
>And... I've taken to using restaurant.com or Groupon deals when at all
>possible. That way, most meals come to less than $20 to $30 total.
>
>How often do you eat in a restaurant every week?

I just saw a stat recently that says 'Americans' eat 4-5 meals a week
in a restaurant. I don't know if they count McDonalds or the local
fast food joint--

So I went to look-- This page seems to say something different-
http://www.statisticbrain.com/dining-out-statistics/
[citing rasmussen]
47% rarely/never & only 7% >3x.

If that 7% is eating 20+ meals outside the home [and I know several
couples who do that]- then I suppose the average might be 4+.

I'm a 'rarely'. Grabbed a meal in early March-- probably will have a
burger at Jumpin' Jacks this summer.
http://jumpinjacksdriveininc.com/

Unless I'm on vacation or out of town for some reason I'd much rather
prepare my own food the way I like it. [and I like *my* ambiance more
than anything I've seen elsewhere.]

Jim