Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default How often do you eat in a restaurant?

On 5/5/2013 11:47 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 5/5/2013 9:59 AM, George Leppla wrote:
>>
>> I love to eat out but doing that as often as I would like would be too
>> expensive so we have been trying to limit ourselves to twice a week.
>>
>> And... I've taken to using restaurant.com or Groupon deals when at all
>> possible. That way, most meals come to less than $20 to $30 total.
>>
>> How often do you eat in a restaurant every week?
>>
>> George L

> ..not more than once or twice a month if we are home. More frequently
> when we are traveling.
>
> Since we are in the middle of nowhere, restaurants.com and groupon don't
> have many offers, but a local TV station does.

Same here, restaurants.com and groupon are useless in this area.

> We ate out Wednesday at a local Mexican place after I spent the entire
> day being *starved* and in captivity by the US Government. I was on a
> jury selection panel. We were kept on one floor of the Federal building
> from 8 AM to 4:30 PM with NO FOOD. At about 3 PM they passed out
> bottles of tepid water. Talk about Involuntary Servitude!

Sorry to hear about that. I've only been called to jury selection once
but it wasn't federal, it was county jurisdiction. I was in and out of
there by lunchtime. I know if I'd sat there all day long I'd have been
irritated and irritable... and hungry!

Jill