Posted to rec.food.cooking
pltrgyst[_4_] pltrgyst[_4_] is offline

Default Washing Chicken Prior To Cooking?

On 4/29/13 10:23 AM, sf wrote:

> I was hoping you'd notice that others here are not that rude and quit
> on your own, but thank you for finally stopping. Too bad it takes
> being whacked on the head with a 2 x 4 for you to get the idea....

News flash: it is standard practice on not only USEnet, but discussion
boards in general, for people to use others' real names -- particularly
first names -- whenever they are known, whether or not the two people
involved have a personal relationship.

It would be considered rude or inconsiderate to post others' addresses,
telephone numbers, or other personal information without permission, but
that does not apply to names.

The fact that you feel the need to hide your identity does not bind
anyone else's posting behavior. If you want to hide, you need to do a
better job of it.

And yeah, I've been on USEnet and discussion groups in general for about
as long as anyone around, back to early 300 baud dial-up BBS's. And in
all those years, I've never before heard anyone bitch about their real
first name being outed. You are a piece of work.

{plonk}

-- Larry