Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Washing Chicken Prior To Cooking?

sf wrote:

> Wake up and smell the coffee, Gary. Nobody is a friend on usenet.
> Some of us have met in person or in the chat room, but most of us have
> only developed online friendships which shouldn't ever be mistaken for
> real life - although obviously some people do.

Maybe not for you but I have some very close friends now that I met on
usenet many years ago. I've also met a few in person and the friendship got
better. 4 of us from one newsgroup started also writing personally....15
years now and still going strong...we all write each day.

That said though, friends are not black and white, they come in all levels
of friendship from aquaintences that you talk to briefly occasionally up to
best friends that hang out together often.

> Steve Wertz. He doesn't use my real name to
> be warm & fuzzy, he does it because he knows it ****es me off.

Here's the difference, SF. I've used your real first name for quite a few
months now. It just seemed more friendly and personal to me. I never had any
idea that it ****ed you off - you should have said something long ago to me
and I would have stopped. Now that I know, I'm stopping. geez.

> Too bad you chose to emulate him.

Just know this everyone. I don't emulate anyone. I am myself here. Jill
said the same thing to me about "emulating Sheldon" once when I made a
boobie joke. This all here is just ME. Just because I have similar humor
sometimes does not mean anything other than I might be similar to those 2
fellows. A little off-humor is fun sometimes. And it can be funny when the
anal ppl get offended. It really makes you want to prod them more even if
you didn't plan to.

G.