Michael Odom

Default IN PRAISE OF THE ELECTRIC STOVE

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:18:08 -0700, "<RJ>" >
wrote:

>We had an electric stove in our last house. ( no gas service )
>During the whole time, I pined for a gas stove.
>
>Now, we have a gas stove in our new house.
>I HATE IT !
>Turning it on and waiting for that "click-click-click"
>Peering under the pot to adjust the flame.
>( how "Dark Ages" )
>Finding that the small burner ring only heats the mifddle of the pan.
>Finding that there's no real <LOW> gas setting.
>It's either "Still Too Hot" or "OUT"
>and, and Oven BROIL setting thats just a High Temp Bake.
>

>I Miss My Electric Stove !
>When I set the dial to "4" I know exactly how much heat I'll get.
>When I set the dial to "1", I can play "crock pot"
>AND, the large electric ring applies heat to the whole pan !
>AND a Broiler that really Broils.
>
>I think I'll be hanging around the appliance stores....
><rj>

This is so funny. I recently moved into a 1950s atomic age modern
house with an electric stove. It was one of the few disappointments
of an otherwise fine new home. I had a gas connection installed
behind the stove (good thing, too, since the line back there was
improperly installed). So now I have a new dual fuel stove. Gas on
top and electric down.

The new gas burners are astoundingly versitile. I even have an ultra
low setting that barely warms any pan, and a big ass high burner
that's positively scary on high.

I guess it has to do with what you're used to.

Chacun a son gout.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore