Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Garlic crusher follow up

> I don't like the bitterness of pressed garlic, I use my chef's knife.
>
> But a lot of folks like this little thingie: > http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Rocker-.../dp/B003Y3AZSM
>
> Susan

Hi All,

A while back I asked about garlic crushers. Susan gave me a really
great link. But she also mentioned her knife. She corrupted me.

Ever since, I peal the clove, then slice it into somewhat thin
pieces. (Not so thin that it stops being fun.) Then I saute
the slices in whatever oil or fat I am cooking in. The
finished product comes out really nicely (I have noticed that
powdered garlic seems to just boil off and leave no flavor.)

When ever I have crunched down on the fried/sauted slices, they
are so very mind that they are just part of what the seasoned.

What am I missing here? Is there even any need for a crusher?
It seems to me a crusher is just one more thing to wash?

Many thanks,
-T

Okay, how many of you, when you read this, yelled at me to
stop playing with your food?