Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_9_] Ophelia[_9_] is offline

Default Sorta OT

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> I need some help. My dog is on antibiotics; those huge gelatine
> capsules. He can smell them. I have been successful for a couple of
> days at a time embedding a capsule in peanut butter, canned refried
> beans, cold mashed potatoes. Soon his greed no longer supercedes his
> aversion to the capsule and it is a battle getting the capsule in to
> him. What other canned food is out there that will tempt him and have
> the same consistency as the aforementioned? I've got another week to
> go on these capsules. I don't know much about canned stuff and the
> only thing I can think of is spaghetti'os -- much too sloppy and
> drippy to mould around a capsule. Help

Just how big is this thing? I had to give my dog some big stuff and had
the same problems you have, certainly she wouldn't take them in any food or
even treats ... so in the end, I held her mouth, popped in the capsule right
at the back and rubbed her throat. She just swallowed it. If only I'd
known before how easy that was!!! Depends of course just how big that thing
is. All I can say is, if that won't work, you could speak to your vet.

Good luck, Janet.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/