Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Senior grocery discounts?

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:59:39 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> There used to be a writer for the Chronicle -- Jane Ganahl? -- who
> once wrote that she used to complain that she couldn't walk down the
> street without attracting unwanted male attention. But that now she
> had reached the age where she was invisible to men, she wasn't as
> happy as she thought she would be.

I used to be a regular subscriber, but I don't remember that name -
sorry. I googled her name and I see she has a blog. However, I
understand the sentiment! Young men don't want to oogle old women
unless they're "into" being taken care of by cougars; so the older you
get, the smaller the field (as they say). Old men oogle young women,
but they're better at hiding it than men were back in our "day" -
practice makes perfect. They certainly don't want to elicit a loud
"Eeeewww, that old man is looking at me". LOL