Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Mad Men coming soon!

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 17:31:47 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> Even in the 80s we could smoke in our offices at work. I can still
> remember the layer of smoke in the hallway, sort of a fog. And one woman
> set her trashcan on fire emptying her ashtray. Our ban on indoor
> smoking came about in the early 90s. One woman quit just because she
> was told she couldn't smoke in her office. I'm sure she didn't find any
> other place that allowed it.

My husband had TB when he was in high school and spent a year at a
hospital getting rid of it, so he was super glad when smoking was
banned in offices, restaurants and on airplanes. The worst flight of
my life was me sitting in the last row of non-smoking with two men
chain smoking cigars right behind me - SF to Chicago. I was literally
green when I disembarked.... and so nauseous, I felt like I had a bad
case of the flu.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila