Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Senior grocery discounts?

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 10:48:56 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 4/7/2013 10:11 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>A number of years ago, the IRS stated that they wouldn't be
>sending refunds to people who's name didn't match their SS records,
>so I finally had to go sit there with my marriage/birth documents
>to get my name updated. Maybe a couple of those youngsters weren't
>trying to pull a fast one, just updating their records. Just a
>couple.
>
>nancy

Maybe a couple of them, but not al of them. Lots of scammers looking
for a fee handout. Fortunately, it is not all that easy to collect
unless you really do have problems.

First time I saw this was back in the 1970's where a woman was on the
payroll and paid into SS, but here husband did the actual work. Took
a few years, but she eventually collected. She did have a problem,
but could not have qualified under other conditions. Could have done
other work, but chose not to.