Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2[_2_] Nancy2[_2_] is offline

Default Senior grocery discounts?

On Apr 7, 5:38*am, Janet > wrote:
> In article om>,
> says...
>

> > On 4/5/2013 12:20 PM, sf wrote:

> > > Here's another list for you that was compiled in 2012
> > >http://www.bradsdeals.com/blog/senior-discounts/

> > It's funny how these different establishments define "senior". *I was
> > old enough to join AARP at 50. Now I have to wait until 55 or even 60 to
> > get these discounts? *

> * It gets madder than that.
>
> * Our local supermarket has the following *sign at every checkout
>
> * " It is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
> Anyone appearing to be under the age of 25 will be asked for proof of
> age and no sale of alcohol will be made until satisfactory evidence is
> produced that the purchaser is 18 or over. "
>
> * I bought a bottle of wine the other day and the till operator (well
> under 25) rang for assistance and said politely "I have to get a
> supervisor to confirm *when a customer looks over 25".
>
> * White hair is such a giveaway...
>
> * Janet UK

LOL. Our supermarket cashiers are required to scan everyone's ID for
a liquor purchase, no matter how old they look. They should fix their
system so they don't have to scan it every time...just the first time,
and then it's in the data base, like they do if you write a check.
I'm 72, and have gray hair, and they scan mine.

N.

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.