Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Senior grocery discounts?

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 07:38:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>LOL! I bought beer at a 7-11 store one day when I was about age 44. New
>first day on the job clerk asked me for my ID. I said, "hahaha Good one!
>You're kidding, right?" I really thought he *was* kidding.
>
>Well he wasn't kidding, seemed offended that I said that, and insisted on my
>ID.
>
>So I showed him my ID and told him, "If you think I look that young, you
>just made my day!" ;-D
>
>G.

Some stores have gone overboard and ask everyone for an ID. That way
they cannot be accused of discrimination of any sort and takes away
the judgment factor for a semi-literate clerk.

Our supermarket has the computers programmed so that you cannot ring
up a beer purchase 10 minutes before 9 PM, the official last selling
time. It has to be paid for and out of the store by that time.