Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Senior grocery discounts?

http://www.bradsdeals.com/blog/senior-discounts/

> > It's funny how these different establishments define "senior". I was
> > old enough to join AARP at 50. Now I have to wait until 55 or even 60 to
> > get these discounts?

> It gets madder than that.
>
> Our local supermarket has the following sign at every checkout
>
> " It is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
> Anyone appearing to be under the age of 25 will be asked for proof of
> age and no sale of alcohol will be made until satisfactory evidence is
> produced that the purchaser is 18 or over. "
>
> I bought a bottle of wine the other day and the till operator (well
> under 25) rang for assistance and said politely "I have to get a
> supervisor to confirm when a customer looks over 25".
>
> White hair is such a giveaway...

LOL! I bought beer at a 7-11 store one day when I was about age 44. New
first day on the job clerk asked me for my ID. I said, "hahaha Good one!
You're kidding, right?" I really thought he *was* kidding.

Well he wasn't kidding, seemed offended that I said that, and insisted on my
ID.

So I showed him my ID and told him, "If you think I look that young, you
just made my day!" ;-D

G.