Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Senior grocery discounts?

On Apr 7, 12:25*am, Cheryl > wrote:

> On 4/7/2013 12:48 AM, wrote:
>

> > I'm going at 66 and I've looked at the tables for me to work until age
> > 70. *BIG check but I've given enough of my time to my job, it's time I
> > do things I want to do without having to work around my work schedule.

> > Fortunately I will have nice checks from the company pension plan,
> > social security, and 401K.

> Good plan! *I put as much as I'm allowed to into my 401k and I had to
> roll over a 401K from my old company to an IRA when they got bought by
> the one I'm working for now. *I wish they would have let us roll the old
> 401k into the current one, but it wasn't an option. *No company pension,
> but they match our 401K contributions, so I guess that's the same thing
> these days.
>
> One good thing I recently got a notice about is that when I turned 50 I
> was allowed some sort of "catch up" that I didn't take advantage of.
> The company did it for me.

I'm putting 16% of my salary into the 401K and have been doing that
for many, many years; the company matches 6%. Great that you were
able to do the catch up and that the company did it for you. When
retirement rolls around you'll really appreciate that as the purpose
of retiring is not to go to work for Wal Mart to make ends meet.