Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Senior grocery discounts?

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:13:13 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>I was born in 1953.
>
>I can retire at 62 but the monthly payment would be a joke.
>My full retirement is age 66.
>Ultimate SS retirement for me is age 70.
>At that age I'll get the maximum per month and no penalty for working.
>
>I'm 3 months away from turning age 60.
>I still feel young (somewhat). Still feel good and I actually seem to be in
>better shape than many younger guys I work with. ??? I plan to work until
>age 70, at least.
>
>You never know though.... my health could go all to hell in the next 10
>years. Hopefully not.
>
>G.

You may still want to consider drawing at 66 though. Waiting until 70
gives you a bigger check, but you have to live to 84 to break even. If
your family history is a group or 100+ folks, then go for the bigger
check. No one in my family made it out of the 70's though.

You can still work and draw full payment at FRA with not penalty.