The Ranger

Default Rice: Not Just Generic

Recently, I switch brands on rice (Smart-and-Final to Uncle Ben's).
Whether they're processed side-by-side or not, I've found that Uncle
Ben's cooks up differently and -- so far -- often doesn't cook up.

Fer example... I was making some Spanish Rice (recipe below) and had a
majority of the rice still dry-n-solid as when I first started.

What other brands do people use?

The Ranger
---
Spanish Rice

Ingredients:
2 Cups White Rice -- uncooked
3 Cups Water
1 Cup Stewed Tomatoes
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Cayenne

Place all ingredients in covered saucepan over medium-high heat until
the mixture bubbles. Stir and reduce heat. Cook 10-12 minutes,
covered. Stir during cooking to keep the rice from sticking.