Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default how long do you need to cook soup to become soup?

W. Baker > wrote:
: Todd > wrote:
: : >
: : > I get regular shots in the eye for my remaining one and they work quite
: : > well.
: : >
: : > Wendy
: : >

: : Hi Wendy,

: : For our records, if it does not violate your privacy too much,
: : what is the shot?

: : Many thanks,
: : -T

: Currently it is Eyelea. Before that ws developed it was Lucentis and
: before that Avastin. There has been fairly rapid development in these
: meds. the advantage of the Eyelea over the Lucentis is that it can work
: for as long as 8 weeks. I am currently at 6 weeks and hope to be able to
: extend that a bit mre at my next visit. With Lucentis I never quite made
: it to weeks and Avastin, the least expensive, ony held my vision for 3
: 1/2 weeks. It is a pain and expensive for medicare adn my supplementary
: insurance, but worth it as I woudl otherwise be legally blind and unable
: to read.

: As to the vitamins, they hope that taking them may help n preventing the
: development of the AWMD but all the evidence is not yet in. the standard
: is Preservision, a Bauch and Lomb patented vitamin combo(at least there
: are no stor brand or generic version I see ). No guarantee, but no reason
: Not to take them.

: Wendy

PS-that shot is directly into the eye. That was the big acvance with
Avastin which ws originally an off label use. By giving the med in a tiny
dose right into the eye you avoided the bad side effects of Avastin
injected into the whole sustem , mostly cardio-vascular. The shot into
the eye gives none of these side effects. what is beign done is shrinking
the extra bloodvessels which are the cause of the vision problems adn
ultimately loss of vision through hemhorage of the wildly growing vblood
vessels. the drug, by shrinking the vessels reduces the distorion of the
vision and doesn't let the vessels expand to the breaking point, leding to
central vision loss.

Wendy