Posted to rec.food.cooking
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default LED light bulbs-a report.

James Silverton wrote:

> LED bulbs are promoted to replace incandescent and CFL bulbs and they
> may be cost effective but the brightest ones you see are said to
> replace 75W incandescents, which might sound good but is a most
> unusual size. In my house, I had many 60W and 100W standard lamps but
> LED replacements for 100W are hard to find and expensive. To add
> insult to injury, sales of 100W incandescent bulbs are now forbidden.

The same damn thing which happened here in Italy, LED and low consumption
bulbs are all equivalents of those strange measures: 32, 75 and another one
between them that I can't recall now.
My kitchen is now 25% brighter than before after I put a low consumption 75
watt equivalent bulb in place of the old 60 w bulb
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin