Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_9_] Billy[_9_] is offline

Default how long do you need to cook soup to become soup?

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Billy > wrote:
> : > Switch to low
> : > carb breads,pitas, tortillas, etc. they are available. Josephs,
> : > Aladdin,
> : > Pepperidge Farm CarbStyle, etc. Josephs' has a website so you can get
> : > them through there is your localstores don't or won't carry them. their
> : > pitas are fine. toufayan alsohad low carb pita, which are better if
> : > higher in calroies(not carbs, 4-5 for a large pita. Trader Jowes carrys
> : > a
> : > low carb tortilla Mission also has some.
> : I'm willing to try low carb bread, it it isn't from a chemists bench. Do
> : any of the above fit that criterion?
>
> In general the low carb breads contain assorted brans and the Joseph
> Pitas lots os o flax seed. It seems to be achieved more by removing
> starchy parts of grains than my funny chemicals or artificial stuff.
> The breads are not a strong as regular ones so you have to be careful
> about a leaky sandwich:-) As a dentist once told me. think of false
> teeth , not as a substitute for real teeth but as onea substitute for no
> teeth. I still have lots of my own teeth, but I think of the low carb as
> a substitute for NO BREAD!
>
> Wendy

Falafels are one of the foods I'm eating more of. So far, I've stayed
with whole wheat but the Joseph Pitas looks interesting. Its sodium is
on the high side (300mg), but I'd only eat 2 at the most. At 8 gm
carbs, it is far better than anything else I've seen. Thanks.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>