Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Help help..

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:30:26 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> I never make it with salted turnip but evidently lots of folks do. I
> slice ginger as thinly as I can and add it to the soup. No need to peel.
> It's good food for sick folks as well as those that are fit.

Ginger is SO good in simple chicken & rice soup... the fast kind where
you just simmer raw chicken in water until done, shred and add it back
to the broth with some precooked rice (mine isn't thick, like jook).
Chopped green onion makes it pretty, but isn't absolutely necessary.
I didn't realize my kids even liked it until DD told me recently that
she craves "Mom's chicken and rice soup" when she's not feeling well.