RV WRLee

Default TN: Ballet and nebbiolo, good QPR whites, bad wines for a good cause (IMHO)

>Last up, a half-bottle of the 1996 Karl Lawrence Cabernet Sauvignon. Vanilla
>and blackcurrant on the nose. Sweet dark fruits, lots of toasty oak,
>chocolately finish. Pretty decent example of California Cab, I was actually
>glad we were done eating, it kind of made a nice dessert. B/B+

Was this dessert-like because of the sweet fruit or because it was good enough
to drink on it's own? I've found a lot of the better California Cabs from 1996
display an abundance of cassis and chocolate. I felt that the tannin structure
of the 96's would allow for a decent cellar life and most that I'm drinking now
are drinking well with a number of years of fruit left.
Bi!!