Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Help help..

jmcquown wrote:

> > I bought "Liquid Smoke" once years ago. I think the ingredients were only
> > hickory smoke and water. I used half the recommended amount on a steak and
> > it was very overpowering and nasty. I never used it again and eventually
> > threw the bottle in the trash.

> My mother used to use Colgin's Liquid Smoke. For what, I don't know. I
> have a bottle of "Kitchen Bouquet Browning and Seasoning Sauce" in the
> cupboard. I have no idea how old it is. I'm saving it for when recipes
> from the 1960's come back in style.

But you got a charge from hearing about an ingredient somebody didn't like.
Admit it.

BTW, Garrrry, you probably used too much of LS. I shake in just a few drops
when I make a sauce. I have learned through experience that if something has a
strong taste, I should use it sparingly so as not to overpower the other
flavors in the dish. You won't find common sense cooking like that in your
Good Book.