Nancy Young

Default Tricks & Tips

Dave Smith wrote:

> After that I avoided him at meal times and was always too busy to go for lunch
> with him. When the day came that I finally could not avoid it he tried the same
> stunt again. Luckily, I had removed the bills from my wallet ahead of time. Gee,
> I barely had enough for my own.

The one quality I can say I cannot stand in a person is cheapness.

> The same guy ran the office lottery pool. He often seemed too busy to provide a
> photocopy of the ticket numbers until after the draw. We never won anything, but
> his wife did. We all thought it odd that the cheap guy who never had any money
> would go out and buy tickets on his own. That was the end of our lottery pool.

I ran football pools and lottery pools, I insisted upon copies of the
tickets and football grids distributed to the participants. Never
opened myself to being accused of cheating.

And, yes, I have seen pool runners cheat. Not me.

nancy