Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default My favourite soup

Todd > wrote:
: On 03/16/2013 02:38 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > bigwheel > wrote:
: >
: >
: > : Sounds mighty yummy. Thanks for the recipe. I have a pot of turkey soup
: > : going as we speak..made from a leftover smoked turkey carcass. Its
: > : tasting purty good but dont have any veggies to go in it..also no
: > : noodles..sniff sniff. Thought about dumplings or rice but heck..who
: > : needs all those unhealthy carbs huh? Think I just eat it sorta clear and
: > : have the bread on the side. Do you think that would be a good plan? Or
: > : any other good ideas would appreciated. Thanks.
: > : --
: > : bigwheel
: >
: > Too bad you have no nice soup vegetables around lke onins, carrots,
: > celery, etc. I would eat it with a salad on the side rather than regular
: > bread, but I guess you have no salad vegetables either:-(
: >
: > Wendy
: >

: Okay, I realize you said you had no vegi's, so recommending
: swiss chard stems is beside the point, but they work like
: celery without all the carbs. (Okay, you can use a celery
: stem as a seasoning, but then the rest of the batch goes bad
: waiting for the next seasoning incident. Chards don't
: last a week.)

: I keep some frozen vegis around just in case I can not find any
: fresh ones. Use about six frozen baby carrots in my chicken broth.
: Someday, maybe I will look up broccoli cheese soup.

: -T

Ce;ery was the onoy food my Father maintained actually took weight off.
He said it contained fewer calories than it took to chew it up:-) plenty
of celery in soup, also use it with dips, etc instead of chips, etc.

Wendy