Rhonda Anderson

Default Tricks & Tips

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

> We had a patterned brown and yellow tile floor in our kitchen until a
> few years ago when my wife talked me into ceramic tiles. We had
> selected a light brown but it turned out that our chosen tile was no
> longer available I went with a bone colour. What a mistake. We
> discovered that our dog left muddy footprints. We had never noticed
> before. Nor we were aware how much hair he shed. Every one of them was
> now clearly visible. Every speck of dirt stands out on that tile
>
> The big argument for the ceramic tile was ease of care. She was
> convinced that all we would have to do was to vacuum or seep it and
> then wipe with with a mop using water and vinegar. That is true, but
> now we have to do it several times a day instead of a couple times a
> week.

Earlier this year we did some work on the house including replacing the
cork tile in the hallway and kitchen, and the carpet in the inner hallway,
lounge and dining with a floating floor - laminate that looks like timber.
It's great, looks wonderful. No vacuuming anymore, just sweep and mop. Only
thing is every bit of dust, bit of hair etc. that wasn't really visible on
the carpet is on the laminate floor. AND you can feel it underfoot (I
rarely wear shoes inside the house - socks in winter, barefoot in warmer
weather). I've had to learn to live with a little bit of dust/fluff on the
floor (unless I'm expecting visitors) or I'd be continually sweeping!

--
Rhonda Anderson
Penrith, NSW, Australia