Paul M. Cook©®

Default Neat way to cook Alaska King Crab Legs (Thanks Alton Brown)

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Paul dissed Peter, while Mary stayed out of it:
>
> > Yeah, you got me dude. My mission in life is to disparage microwave

ovens
> > by posing as an oven physicist. Tell me, just how does one "steam" crab
> > in a MW oven without turning the internal water into steam? That is

what
> > we are talking about, cooking a food item with steam. And if you've

ever
> > taken a biology course you'll know that water doesn't have a whole lot

of
> > places to hide except within cells.

> In the method under discussion, the crab legs are wrapped in damp paper
> towels.
>
> In all this debate, the one person I agree with is Brian, who wrote, "What
> we need are a big bunch of crab legs, a microwave and pot of boiling

water."
> Instead of endless keyboard-flapping, TRY the two methods side-by-side,

and
> see which works better. I'm inclined to side with AB, but until I try it

for
> myself, I'm not going to take a fervent stand (like some people are doing
> here) either way.

Nobody dissed anybody. If people want to get testy in replies they can
expect the same in return. Frankly I don't care how anybody cooks their
crab legs. Me, I'll stick to the old fashioned way as I just don't like
what a MW oven does to the texture of food. Hell I don't even like
reheating my leftovers with it and if it were not for the fact that my two
cats like their food warmed up then I'd toss the bloody thing altogether.

Paul