Posted to rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Louis' Lunch

On Mar 10, 5:57*am, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 10/03/2013 12:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > I use it a lot on burgers. *Every once in a while, I get on a ketchup
> > kick and put it on everything. Scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, even
> > mix a little with the sour cram on cucumber salad. *Friend of mine
> > puts it on peanut butter on crackers. *Not bad, really.

> When I was a kid I used it a lot more than I do now. Not only did my
> taste chance, but I think ketchup did do. It tends to be bland and
> runny.

The product formerly known as Brooks Tangy Catsup, made in
Collinsville, Illinois, http://www.villageprofile.com/illino.../02b_topic.jpg
now says it's made in Canada. Perhaps it's available in your country?
(Look for Brooks Ketchup)

>*I figured that one of the reasons they switched to the bottles
> that you store upside down is because they don't want you to invert the
> bottle and see how fast it slops down to the other end. It is the
> opposite of the promotions of the 1970s with Carly Simon's song
> "Anticipation", and variations of *racy jokes. *At Christmas my wife
> gave me some organic ketchup that she got at out corner bakery coffee
> shop. I will give it a try when I get through the current jar of Heinz,
> and that will take months. *Lately, when eating the things on which I
> usually have ketchup, I have been using curry ketchup.

Health food varieties of ketchup tend to be narsty, in my experience.
And Heinz seems just as thixotropic as it ever was.