Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default The food programme bbc

Julie Bove wrote:

> Yep. I was raised Methodist and my parents had to sign such a card each
> week. They were also not to smoke. My dad smoked. Both drank, although
> rarely. They danced. And they sent me to dance lessons. Once I could read
> what the cards said, I was like... Whaaaaaaa?
>
> Then we moved to WA and the church here did not require the signing of such
> cards. Dancing was allowed in this church. But drinking and smoking were
> not. And guess who once offered me a drink? Yep. The minister.

When I was a kid, my parents took me to "Assembly of God" churchs. Bunch of
damn weirdos, IMO. I never fell for all that nonsense. Like a random old
lady interrupting the sermon each week to talk in tongue. Then some other
random old lady standing up to interpret it. Yeah right, Homey don't play
that.

G.