Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default The food programme bbc

On 3/7/2013 8:12 AM, George Leppla wrote:
> On 3/7/2013 6:08 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> So many people who purport to be such "good Christians" are hypocrites.
>> Many years ago I had a friend who was a school teacher. She got a job
>> in a private Baptist academy. (She was a lapsed Catholic.) They made
>> her sign a statement saying she would not drink or dance. Dance! She
>> was 24 and single, of course she went to clubs. And yes, she ran into a
>> lot of these alleged "good" Baptists out drinking and dancing on Friday
>> or Saturday nights.
>>
>> Jill

> Down here we call them "50 mile Baptists". They don't drink, dance or
> gamble within 50 miles of home, but once they get out of home range, the
> party begins.
>
> Joke:
>
> Jews don't recognize Jesus as the Son of God.
> Lutherans don't recognize the Pope as the head of the Christian Church.
> Baptists don't recognize each other in the liquor store.
>
> George L

Too funny! That last was definitely the case.

Around that same time one of my brothers dated a woman who was a
Jehovah's Witness. She told him over and over again, they don't "do"
birthday or Christmas presents. He took her at her word. Whew, I don't
have to buy her a gift! Then she got ****ed off because he didn't.

Jill