Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Leppla George Leppla is offline

Default The food programme bbc

On 3/7/2013 6:08 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> So many people who purport to be such "good Christians" are hypocrites.
> Many years ago I had a friend who was a school teacher. She got a job
> in a private Baptist academy. (She was a lapsed Catholic.) They made
> her sign a statement saying she would not drink or dance. Dance! She
> was 24 and single, of course she went to clubs. And yes, she ran into a
> lot of these alleged "good" Baptists out drinking and dancing on Friday
> or Saturday nights.
>
> Jill

Down here we call them "50 mile Baptists". They don't drink, dance or
gamble within 50 miles of home, but once they get out of home range, the
party begins.

Joke:

Jews don't recognize Jesus as the Son of God.
Lutherans don't recognize the Pope as the head of the Christian Church.
Baptists don't recognize each other in the liquor store.

George L