Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_18_] dsi1[_18_] is offline

Default Quick Vegan Fudge

On 3/2/2013 9:51 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> My mom always used the method of putting the pan in a bowl of ice water.
> Then beating the hell out of it.

Now that's a technique that I've never heard of. Beating the hell out of
your fudge mix would be great except that whenever I made fudge, it felt
like the fudge was beating the hell out of me. Cooling the fudge while
mixing constantly was quite tiring even for a younger me. These days, it
might kill me.

I never used an ice water bath but that would speed things up. It's not
usually done because it might cool the mix down too fast and cause the
premature formation of sugar crystals. OTOH, that wouldn't be a problem
for you. You were lucky to have a mom that made fudge. Any kid would be.