Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick Vegan Fudge

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 00:08:21 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> They're not weird ingredients at all. Have you never heard of chocolate
>> with chili, pepper or cinnamon? We can get it in all sorts of places
>> here.
>> And brown rice syrup is a dead common vegan ingredient.

> If it's not weird, then why did you take one bite and declare that
> you're not going to eat any more of it? Why even post the recipe
> here, for that matter - or are you just trolling again?

I never said it was weird and I didn't say that I wasn't going to eat any
more of it. I did eat more of it. I said I wasn't going to make it again
for *me*. Said if daughter wanted it, I would make it for her, minus the
nuts. I think the problem for me is the sunseed butter. I really don't
like that. The original recipe called for creamy peanut butter which my
daughter can not eat. I do like peanut butter and this might be good with
that. But seeing as how I don't need to be eating candy, no matter what it
is, it's not too likely that I'll make that either. Not for a while anyway.
The flavor is great! Except perhaps for the sunseed butter. It does remind
me in taste of the chocolate covered sunseeds and I don't like those very
well.