Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Quick Vegan Fudge

Julie Bove wrote:

>They're not weird ingredients at all. Have
> you never heard of chocolate with chili,
> pepper or cinnamon? We can get it in all
> sorts of places here. And brown rice
> syrup is a dead common vegan
> ingredient.

Chili, pepper and cinnamon are not weird ingredients in themselves, but
just not in fudge. I make several pounds of fudge every December, and
many varieties, and have yet to use pepper, chili power or cinnamon in
it. I've seen recipes calling for cinnamon in chocolate cakes and
cookies, but personally I don't think the flavors go well together.

Since I'm not a vegan, I've never heard of brown rice syrup, but it
doesn't sound like something I'd want to put in my fudge either. <shrug>

Judy