Scott

Default best cappuccino machine under $200

WardNA wrote:
>> You can get good results with a Krups Gusto.

> I disagree about that. The Gusto is an 8-bar pump model and hasn't
> given me much better results than a steam-driven model.

I have produced very good shots with mine....way better than a steam toy. I
use a Solis Maestro grinder set at one click finer than the porta-filter
icon and tamp to about 30 lbs. I got a ton of crema on my shots. But, I also
use fresh, homeroasted beans.

>> They are no longer made, but
>> you can pick one up on Ebay for like 25-50 bucks now.

> I saw it at, I think, Dillards last week. Still around.

Must be old stock then...they don't make it anymore.

>> The gusto is a pump
>> driven machine with a stainless steel boiler. I got very good
>> espresso with mine. I did have to find the right grind to get good
>> results. The frother works well once you pull off the frothing
>> aid...you dont need it. And the plastic tamper is a joke...you'll
>> need a better one.

> I agree that it froths well, with or without the "aid." But I don't
> know what you think is wrong with the tamper.

Tamper is plastic peice of crap....you're not going to get a 30lb tamp with
that thing...